CBFP Council Meeting draws delegates to Brazzaville (Congo), 1 June 2018
Please browse photos of the 4th CBFP Council Meeting
The roadmap of the Kingdom of Belgium Facilitation of the Congo Basin Forest Partnership (CBFP) adopted, CBFP results-oriented governance underway with report submitted by CBFP college leaders, 4th CBFP Council meeting consolidates gains, enhances credibility of the governance reform and active preparations underway for the 18th Meeting of CBFP Parties due to take place in Brussels from 27 to 28 November 2018.
Brazzaville (Congo), 1 June 2018 - The fourth CBFP Council meeting took place. The CBFP Council Meeting was chaired by Minister of State, François-Xavier de Donnea, CBFP Facilitator of the Kingdom of Belgium and graced by the following political figures:
- His Excellency Mr. Henri Djombo, Minister of State, Minister of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, outgoing President of the Technical Committee of the African Union on Wildlife, Environment, and Agriculture;
- Her Excellency Madam Francine Tumushime, Minister of Lands and Forests, Rwanda, Acting President of COMIFAC, represented by His Excellency Ambassador Jean Baptiste Habialimana, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Rwanda to the Republic of the Congo and CEMAC countries;
- Her Excellency Ms. Rosalie Matondo , Minister of Forest Economy of the Republic of the Congo
- Her Excellency Ms. Arlette Soudan-Nonault, Minister of Tourism and the Environment, Technical Coordinator of the Congo Basin Climate Commission;
- Her Excellency Ms. Marie Thérèse Chantal MFOULA, Deputy Secretary General of ECCAS.
Also present and actively participating were 50 participants representing the seven colleges that make up the CBFP namely:
- the CBFP Regional College: ECCAS, COMIFAC and the Congo
- the CBFP Civil Society College: CEFDHAC-CPR and Community Rights Network (CRN)
- the CBFP International NGOs College: AWF and WWF
- the CBFP Private sector College: ATIBT, TFT
- the CBFP Donor College: EU and US
- The CBFP Scientific and Academic College: CIRAD, ACCBFP/UCLA
- the CBFP Multilateral College: FAO and GVTC
Some of the college representatives came with advisers. The meeting gathered close to 50 participants with the noteworthy participation of the CBFP regional college and a large delegation from the Republic of the Congo.
The agenda of the fourth CBFP Council meeting was structured around a first segment devoted to the opening ceremony. This ceremony included a presentation on the Blue Fund and the Fund for the Green Economy, a presentation on activities undertaken by the Ministry of Forest Economy, a presentation on the Roadmap and Action Plan 2018 of the Belgian CBFP Facilitation and the status of implementation of CBFP governance. Each College was then invited to take the floor to provide an update (news), and outline prospects or planned activities. Special emphasis was placed on the Regional College. Lastly, the meeting discussed the organization of the 18th Meeting of Parties of the CBFP (revised format) and meeting agendas - 2018, 2019 of the CBFP.
Following intense deliberations, delegates agreed on the roadmap of the CBFP Facilitation of the Kingdom of Belgium, consolidated the cross-border approach to organizing meetings in three cross-border landscapes of Central Africa, the framing of the CBFP’s priorities for 2019, the configuration, structure and content of the 18th Meeting of Parties of the CBFP and agenda of the 2019 CBFP meeting.
Kindly download the speeches delivered by various officials
Kindly download: The Opening Address of the 4th Meeting of the CBFP Council - June 1st, 2018 - Congo Brazzaville
Please kindly download the Colleges contribution during the 4th CBFP Council Meeting in Brazzaville :
Read the documents of the CBFP Council
Read the presentations of the Minister of Forest Economy
Please download the documents of the 4th CBFP Council below:
Start of the Support Project for the Development of Continuing Training in the Forest-Woods Sector in Central Africa (Appui au Développement de la Formation Continue dans la Filière Forêt-Bois en Afrique Centrale -ADEFAC) - ATIBT
Read more … Start of the Support Project for the Development of Continuing Training in the Forest-Woods Sector in Central Africa (Appui au Développement de la Formation Continue dans la Filière Forêt-Bois en Afrique Centrale -ADEFAC) - ATIBT
Development and institutionalization of a PAFC certification system for the Congo basin: opening of the second public consultation on Sustainable Forest Management Certification Standard, 23 May 2020 - 22 June 2020
Read more … Development and institutionalization of a PAFC certification system for the Congo basin: opening of the second public consultation on Sustainable Forest Management Certification Standard, 23 May 2020 - 22 June 2020